Everyone knows customer relationships affect the success of your business, but few understand how essential loyalty is. One study reported that 89 percent of consumers have stopped doing business with a company after experiencing poor customer service and that can be a major determinant in the future of your business.
Thay Humes came from humble beginnings and has risen through the ranks to become one of the most respected aviation specialists in the country. He helped found Humes McCoy Aviation in the year 2000 and has seen it take off ever since.
Below, Mr. Humes shares the four best ways to develop and maintain a committed customer following.
- Learn What Your Customers Want: One of the keys to achieving customer success is understanding what your customers want and meeting those expectations. Here are some questions to ask when ascertaining if you are delivering to the needs of your customers:
- Does our product/service make the life of the consumer easier?
- Is our product/service effective?
- Does our product/service add value to the customer?
- Is our product/service authentic?
If you can answer the questions above and reach the answer “yes” to at least three of them, the odds that you have satisfied your customers is quite high. Make sure that your brand or company is consistently aware of the value and effectiveness of the product or service you are selling and in line with customer expectations.
- Develop a Great Customer Service Team: In garnering the loyalty of a customer base, you will need to put diligent effort into creating a team that delivers the best customer service. Whether the communication method is face-to-face, over the phone or via email, having quick, accurate and professional responses to your clientele’s questions are one of the most essential factors in maintaining a loyal customer base. Your customer service team should be emphatic with the plights of the consumer and be able to communicate solutions to problems as well as offer apologies for errors that are unable to be fixed.
- Request Feedback: Sometimes you may feel as though you have done your level best to satisfy your customers and take care of their needs, but there is still some dissatisfaction present. In circumstances when you don’t understand what else you could do to make the customer happy, rely on the power of surveys and feedback questionnaires. While there is not a guarantee that you will receive an answer from every consumer, many who may be disgruntled or unsatisfied will respond and let you know what could be done better. Often times, you will also receive good feedback as well that appraises the things that your company is doing right. Remember to take note of the good and the bad, and continue to incorporate and improve your company and brand strategies.
- Realize that Every Customer Counts: Perhaps the most crucial aspect to maintaining long-term customer success is to realize one critical fact- every customer is an independent piece of the longevity of your business. The masses are made up of individuals, and collective thought is brought on by countless individuals echoing similar opinions. Every business owner should be mindful of this as they try to win a large base of loyal consumers. Every conversation with every customer is essential and should be handled with equal gravity. By putting your best foot forward, one foot at a time, you will be able to soar in the business world and keep your customers loyal for a long time to come.
About That Humes:
Thay Humes is the leader behind Humes McCoy Aviation and a visionary in the field of air travel and transport. As a veteran of the U.S. Air Force, Mr. Humes is a certified helicopter pilot whose passion is flying. Thay Humes has professional values which are instilled from his military work ethic and ability to accomplish tasks with honor and integrity.